Job Applicant Privacy Notice (compliant with GDPR)
As part of any recruitment process, Humanity.com Inc. collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Humanity.com Inc. follows these principles in order to protect your privacy as a job applicant:
- we do not collect any more Personal Information than is necessary;
- we do not keep your Personal Information if it is no longer needed; and
What information do we collect?
Humanity.com Inc. collects a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address, social media links and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience, education and employment history;
- information about your expected level of remuneration, including benefits, and/or notice period;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process;
- and information about your entitlement to work in the US, PK and RS or any other country we operate in.
Humanity.com Inc. may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your identity documents, or collected through interviews and/or other forms of assessment. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. We will seek information from third parties only once we have your consent to do so.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
Why does Humanity.com Inc. process personal data?
We need to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. We may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you. In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with its legal obligations. Humanity.com Inc. has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process.
Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
We may also collect information about whether or not applicants are disabled to make reasonable adjustments for candidates who have a disability. We process such information to carry out its obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
If your application is unsuccessful, Humanity.com Inc. may keep your personal data on file in case there are future employment opportunities for which you may be suited. We will ask for your consent before we keep your data for this purpose and you are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment process. This includes members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we have your consent to conduct employment background checks.
How does Humanity.com Inc. protect data?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our authorized employees in the proper performance of their duties.
For how long does Humanity.com Inc. keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, the organisation will hold your data on file for 3 (three) years after the end of the relevant recruitment process. If you agree to allow us to keep your personal data on file, we will hold your data on file for a further 3 (three) years for consideration for future employment opportunities. At the end of that period, or once you withdraw your consent, your data is anonymized or deleted.
You will be asked when you submit your job application whether you give us consent to hold your details for the full 3 years in order to be considered for other positions or not. If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your Human Resources file (electronic and paper based) and retained during your employment.
The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights:
- You have the “right to be forgotten.” You have the right to ask us to delete and stop processing your personal data.
- You have the right to access your data and ask us to rectify it. You have the right to ask what data of yours we hold. You can also request that you make corrections to any inaccuracies (rectify).
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- and object to the processing of your data where Humanity.com Inc. is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Humanity HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, please contact us email@example.com as well.
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Humanity.com Inc. during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.