How Moving Your Shift Planning to the Cloud Can Make Shift Trades a Breeze
As a small business owner, you know that shift trading is a necessary part of doing business.
Your team member may have a doctor’s appointment and be unable to report to work. They may have a family emergency or even car trouble. They may need another job to support their family. Or, there may be a holiday that your worker would prefer to have off.
Ideally, every employee would always be available to work when you scheduled them to work. Unfortunately, the best-made plans change and your business needs to be able to handle those changes.
Sadly, for many business owners shift trading comes with some problems. If it’s not handled properly, shift trading can waste your time and cost your business money.
In this post, we’ll explain how moving your shift planning function (including shift trading) to our Humanity software can help.
Shift Trading Problems
Do your shift trades go smoothly?
If you’re like many small business owners, the answer is “no.” It’s all too easy for something to go wrong when it comes to shift changes.
Here are just a few shift trading problems that you may face:
- Miscommunication mix ups. Shift trades often leave employees uncertain about who is scheduled to work. In a worst-case scenario, no one shows up to cover the shift.
- Unintended overtime. If you arrange for an employee who has already worked their forty hours to cover a shift, you will need to pay them overtime.
- Knowing who is available to work. It can be hard to tell which employees are available and willing to swap shifts.
- Unintentional favoritism. If you always choose the same employees to fill in for a shift change, it can seem as though you favor those employees.
- Difficulty covering unpopular shifts. Are there certain days when no one seems to work? What about holidays and weekends?
It doesn’t have to be this way. You do have alternatives.
A Cloud-Based Solution
Fortunately, there is a solution to your shift trading problems.
Humanity’s secure cloud-based software helps you to gain control of your shift trading problems. All attendance and scheduling activities are kept a centralized location in the cloud.
There’s always room to grow.
Sharpen your HR skills with the latest research and best practices in workforce management. Get Humanity’s Definitive Guide to Enterprise Workforce Scheduling.Get your free copy
- No more miscommunication. SMS messaging and our unique wall let you contact employees instantly.
- Knowing who is available to work. Because Humanity keeps real-time records, the schedule you see is always up-to-date.
- No more accidental overtime. No more worries about accidentally scheduling an employee for overtime through shift trading.
- End accidental favoritism. With Humanity, you’ll always know who is available for a shift swap and who recently traded shifts.
- Cover even unpopular shifts. With Humanity, it’s easy to rotate employee coverage for the shifts nobody wants to work.
It Really Works
Does Humanity sound too good to be true? It isn’t. Hundreds of businesses and organizations, just like yours, are already using Humanity.
Don’t just take our word for it, though. Read their stories for yourself. Here are just a few of our customers:
- Savoury Chef Foods
- In Play Inc.
- Walpole Recreation Department
- Hamline University – ITS Helpdesk
- Hope’s Home
And that’s just a handful of our many satisfied customers.
If you struggle with shift trading problems, struggle no longer. You can put an end to your shift swapping woes today with our cloud-based Humanity software.
We’re so sure that you’ll love our software that we invite you to try our software for free for 30 days.
There’s no need to enter credit card information now. Just sign up for the trial and put an end to your shift trading struggles.
Your business can’t afford manual scheduling.
Leverage Humanity’s AI-powered engine to build conflict-free shift schedules in the cloud. Connect with your team and manage schedule changes in real-time.
Free for 30 days. One-on-one demo included.